I’m looking for leading and emerging diverse voices wanting to spread environmental education and awareness. I am also interested in anyone looking to do a social media takeover, live interviews, or other collaborations.
We are interested in pitches in the following areas:
- Personal environmental narratives
- Professional ecologists that want to share their work
- NGO or conservation group that wants to promote their work (including a call to action or donate button)
- Anyone who wants to nerd out about their favorite underrated species
- Stories from the field
- Personal climate change experiences
- Sustainability tips and practical advice
- How different cultures approach sustainability
- Tips for connecting with nature (e.g., backyard birding guide)
- Interesting people who want to be interviewed by us – great for non-native English speakers or people who don’t like writing
- Anything you want to educate our readers about regarding the environment or sustainability
Terms and Conditions
- I’m looking for content at a minimum of 1,200 words
- I may summarize your content in social media graphics – crediting you
- I retain rights to ask for edits or make small edits for SEO
- I often write an introduction and conclusion to align with my brand
- Make sure you are following me across social media
- I require a contract between both parties.
- Posts are optimized with shareable graphics and pins
- Sharing your post once published is highly encouraged, but please tag me!
- You will receive an author bio and a rotating spot on my contributor page
- I would love for you to feature a do-follow link back to your article on your site. I can provide my logo for this purpose
To send in a pitch, please use the following guidelines:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with PITCH as the first part of the title
- Include a detailed pitch about the topic, including possible headings
- Include whether you have original photos or if I need to source from creative commons
- Include writing samples, or a link to a blog post
- If you’re not a writer and want to share your story, no worries – pitch away
- Include some background information about you and why you should write the article
- Clearly state your terms and conditions
- The content should be original, not reproduced or repurposed in the future or from the past
- I want your voice! I love to feature original voices! So, please put your personality into the pitch. One of my goals is to feature diversity in writing, culture, ethnicity, opinions, creativity, etc. I don’t want all the guest content on my site to sound like me – I want it to sound like you! So, feel free to get creative, make me laugh, make me cry, or allow me to learn something new!
- State if you provide your own images or if I need to source from creative commons
- The final content should be thorough, researched, ethical, and focus on sustainability
- If you’re interested in doing a social media takeover, Twitter chat, or live based on your content – let me know.
- Please wait to hear back from me, so we can discuss terms and conditions before moving forward