I’m looking for leading and emerging diverse voices wanting to spread environmental education and awareness. I am also interested in anyone looking to do a social media takeover, live interviews, or other collaborations.
We are interested in pitches in the following areas:
- Personal environmental narratives
- Professional ecologists that want to share their work
- NGO or conservation group that wants to promote their work (including fundraising or awareness campaigns)
- Anyone who wants to nerd out about their favorite underrated species
- Stories from the field
- Personal climate change experiences
- Sustainability tips and practical advice
- How different cultures approach sustainability
- Tips for connecting with nature (e.g., back yard birding guide)
- Interesting people who want to be interviewed by us – great for non-native English speakers or people who don’t like writing
- Anything you want to educate our readers about regarding the environment or sustainability
Terms and Conditions
- I’m looking for content between 1,000-1,200 words.
- I may summarize your content in social media graphics – crediting you
- Paid content is labeled and disclosed as such
- I often write an introduction and conclusion to align with my brand
To send in a pitch, please use the following guidelines:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with PITCH as the first part of the title
- As a new site with a limited budget, we only accept a few quality paid pieces per month.
- We accept an unlimited number of pieces creating a call to action to raise money, donate to a cause, or other awareness unpaid pieces.
- Include a detailed pitch about the topic, including possible headings
- Include whether you have original photos or if I need to source from creative commons
- Include writing samples, or a link to a blog post
- If you’re not a writer and want to share your story, no worries – pitch away
- Include some background information about you and why you should write the article
- Clearly state your rates, terms, and conditions
- Please wait to hear back from me, so we can discuss terms and conditions before moving forward